Saturday, 12 November 2016

Chibok girls: Government did not pay ransom to Boko Haram – Military

The military says its attention has been drawn to a news story alleging that ransom was paid by the government for the release of 21 of the abducted Chibok girls.

Defence Headquarters in a statement by its spokesman, Rabe Abubakar, said the story was false.
It recalled that several statements had been issued by the military high command to
clarify the issues surrounding the release of the girls.

“It is, therefore, worrisome that some sections of the media continue to undermine this modest effort of the government, security agencies and other stakeholders.
“It is imperative to state categorically that the sponsors of this media campaign have a hidden agenda which is best known to them.

“The military and other security agencies will not be distracted and would remain focus in achieving its objectives in the North East. The important thing is that the release have been made.

“Circumstances surrounding this effort should not be a matter of controversy so as not to overheat the polity and jeorpardising the ongoing efforts to secure the release of the remaining girls and other innocent citizens still in captivity of the terrorists.

“The insinuations that ransom was paid to the terrorists which the terrorists used to escalate the recent attacks in the North East is completely false and imagination of the author. The general public should therefore discountenance it in its entirety”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts